Thursday, February 15, 2018

Blog Week 4 Post One




The two websites I was most impressed with:

1. www.apple.com
I found Apples website to be very attractive.  It is simple and clean allowing their products and brand to be the main focus of their website.   The menu bar is pleasing to the eye making it easy to navigate.
Apple is on of the biggest leaders in the industry and has made other businesses want to know their secret to their success.

2.  www.nps.gov


I found National Parks Service to be visually accessible.  With the latest news and history about national parks.  The website gives you many resources and education to check out.  I think the information and photography is what makes the website pleasing to the eye.  If I were looking for a national park to go to this is the website I would choose.


The two websites that need improvement:

1. www.gatesandfences.com

I find Gates and Fences to be a bit confusing.  I am not sure where to start looking when looking at the home page.  Although information is good to have, I think this one may have too much information going on.   There is too much to look at making it hard to know if your choosing the right product.  The navigation bar is not aligned making it look unprofessional.  I think if they tine down the font and less information the website would me more attractive.

2. www.roverp6cars.com

 The first impression I get with Rover Car Parts is a very complicated, it makes me nervous. 
 The graphics are all over the place hiding much of the information about the cars.   I am not sure if they are selling cars, parts or both.  I find the descriptions are far too much too read and there are various fonts through out the site.   




4 comments:

  1. I understand your point of view, it makes sense. Your observation is thoughtful and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy,

    I choose to comment on Apple,NPS and gatesnfences.com websites. Totally agree with all the points you have mentioned in describing what is good and things that can be improved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you regarding Apple's website looking fabulous. I wrote about that on my blog. No wonder why they are very successful. Poor web designs are no good when it comes to marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Stacy, we chose the same sites! I agree that gatesnfences and roverp6cars has too much visual information that was poorly organized. My question to you: what do you think is the secret to Apple's success; do you feel that their website is part of that success or merely representative of it?

    ReplyDelete