Thursday, February 1, 2018

Week 2

 After reading this lecture it seemed to put some things into perspective for me.
 I have been using social media as a platform for two things.  #1 I have a website for a carpet cleaning business that generates a fair amount of customers. #2 I have created a fictional family that deals with an everyday emotional journey about their on going lives. (BlendedEmotions)
I have found that both are completely different in marketing and the customers I have been attracting to both sites.   

 For over one year now I have been trying to capture an audience through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube.   I have been consistent about posting something new everyday about the family.  I have found when I monitor the traffic on the social media accounts the hashtags are where the new followers come from.  

  I find it interesting that I do not have to do too much with the social media aspect of  the Carpet Cleaning website maintains itself through Google, Yelp and other search engines.  

  I see how businesses can become both successful and unsuccessful from social media.  I also believe that the  television news media plays a big part of social media and what people gravitate toward.  

I am hoping this class will guide me in the right direction to expand my social media family and carpet cleaning business.   




4 comments:

  1. It seems that your carpet cleaning business can still be successfully marketed for social media. I find it cool that you have created a fictional family, I'm curious to read and watch about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very exciting to have a live business that you can promote on social media, you can incorporate all the aspects that you learn in classroom into promoting this website. Was curious to know if you created pages to promote it on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you don't have to spend too much time focusing on advertising your carpet cleaning business. Yelp and Google do great advertising because it sort of depends on the input of others. So if you're business is generating an audience, that same audience will leave reviews and comments promoting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this class will help with both of your projects! That's very exciting. I found your page on Ig and I really enjoyed this fictional family you created. And the visuals are very cool! This is such an interesting way of storytelling and I think it is so exciting. I wish you the best with growing your following!

    ReplyDelete